Saturday, March 15, 2014

Phone Interview Part 1- The Last Step towards doing a DCP


     This is the most talked about part of the application process. So you've passed the WBI, within a couple of minutes to an hour you should receive the following email prompting you to schedule your phone interview.



     Just like with the WBI you have three days to schedule your phone interview. At the bottom of the email there is a second piece that tells you how to schedule the interview. You will schedule your interview by going to your dashboard and under the following section will be a link to schedule your interview.


 

     The link will have a calendar and a list of available times for each date. You will be very excited and want to do the interview as soon as possible. I myself was willing to do an interview two hours later that day, but I am glad I didn't. Plus, you cannot register for an interview for the same day you're registering just at a later time that day. So even if there is a wide open time later that day, it won't let you register for it and even if you call the help number they will just tell you that you can't register for a same day interview. Most likely the times available are going to be a few days away, if you feel that it is a comfortable enough time for you go for that time. However, time slots do fill up very fast so if you wait around to register the next available date will wind up being two weeks away.
My personal tips for scheduling your interview are: 

•pick a time of day that you will have nothing else going on and can easily have 20 minutes before the interview and 45 or more minutes for the interview

-most interviews only last around 15-30 minutes but there have been some that lasted close to an hour, so you want to schedule the interview at a time where you have plenty of wiggle room

•if you look around the top of a hour they will sometimes release time slots for earlier dates and times that somebody let go of because they had to reschedule

-this is how I was able to snag a week away interview when the only available date was two weeks away, they say they don't release those dates at a certain time but I was refreshing the page for 3 hours and at the top of the hours is when they popped up

*if you are wondering why it took me three hours to do this, it was because there were a lot of other people doing the same thing I was. You have to be quick. It's almost like buying front row tickets to a concert.

•Make sure you pick a date that allows you to prepare for your interview

-A next day interview might seem amazing but you don't want to go into an interview unprepared and it not go as well as it could if you prepared more.

•Make sure you have the correct time zone entered

-This can lead to scheduling a time that is different from the time you thought you were getting.


When you have scheduled your interview you will get the following email:
     Now on to what everyone is most interested in, Ways to Prepare for Your DCP Phone Interview. On this blog I will go over how I prepared for my phone interview, and I will make another on my phone interview itself and what to remember during it then I will post the link here: http://savingmouseketeers.blogspot.com/2014/03/phone-interview-part-2-last-step.html


Here are my tips on preparing for the Disney College Program Phone Interview:

•Look up list of questions that have been seen on the DCP Phone Interview

-You can find these just about anywhere on the internet, below are two of my favorite list.
http://earsonemily.blogspot.com/p/phone-interview-questions.html And http://onegirlsdisneydream.tumblr.com/possiblequestions 

If you notice at the end of the first link the blogger leads you to the second link.

• Make Flashcards

-If you are a flash card person like me, make them and then do practice interviews by yourself or with someone else as the interviewer.

•watch a ton of vlogs

-Just go on YouTube and type in Disney College Program Phone Interview and there are pages upon pages of videos of vloggers talking about their own interview experiences, tips, and how they prepared.

•do practice interviews aloud by yourself or with someone else
-You can do a practice interview in front of a mirror, walking to class, with someone else playing the interviewer, or my favorite choice of in the car going somewhere. By practicing your answers aloud it will help you practice a professional voice and speech (as in how you speak not a presentation) so that you are not saying ums and uhhs as well as slang words you would use with your friends and family. 



•type or write out a cheat sheet to use during the interview
-Write out the questions that you are most worried about or want to make sure you cover all that you want to when it’s asked. This will then be kept in front of you during the interview.
Here is what mine looked like:

I wrote down my top three roles and why I wanted them/would be good at them

This is the question I was most worried about because there are so many right answers to it, so I made bullets of all the things I wanted to get a crossed on that question
this was another question I wanted to have solid examples on if it was asked
they almost always ask about an emergency situation that you have dealt with and your past work experience so I wanted solid examples for these as well
These are the most popular situational questions that are asked in regards to my top role choice so I wanted to be prepared for all of them in case one was thrown my way
 
•come up with and make a cheat sheet of questions to ask your interviewer when you are done

- having questions prepared shows that you have done a lot of research on the DCP and trust in the interviewer to be a great source of information (which they totally are) just make sure to not ask too many questions, I limited myself to about five.



These were a few of my questions
 

 






Remember these tips are just my personal opinion based on my experience with preparing for the Disney College Program Phone Interview. I suggest looking at other vlogs and blogs to come up with an approach for preparing for the DCP Phone Interview that is right for you.


If you have any questions about preparing for the DCP phone interview just comment below and I will try to answer them as best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment