Saturday, March 15, 2014

Phone Interview Part 2- The Last Step towards doing a DCP

      In the last blog post I talked about ways to prepare for the phone interview. In this one I am going talk about my phone interview and how it went. If you want to read Part 1 here is the link. I scheduled my interview for 7:15 at night. My interview was a week and two days from when I scheduled it. I prepared for it all week by watching vlogs, reading blogs, makings flashcards of possible questions, and practicing my answers non stop. My planner was full of more things I could do and a count down of days till the interview. I decided that I would do my interview in my room which is the only room that is upstairs in my house so it is very quiet and I have full cell service up there. About two hours before my interview I started to prepare my space for the interview and get focus and calm. First of all I made sure my phone was plugged up and charging! I clean my desk off of everything. I then spread out all of my cheat sheets and a blank piece of paper for jotting down the interviewers name on my desk. After that I put some of my favorite Disney items around me to remind me of Disney during the interview. Some of the things I put around me were my tickets to the trips I took to Disney World and Disneyland, photos that I took while I was on those trips, my mickey ears, my Woody doll, and some Finding Nemo toys. All of those things remind me just how much I love Disney and their parks and why I want to work there. After I had the area I was going to interview at ready to go I still had about an hour and a half before my interview. So I grabbed a snack and went over my flashcards some more. then when I had about an hour to go I turned on some Disney music and did some yoga. This helped calm me down and get truly focused on the interview. Fifteen minutes before my interview I sat down and waited for the call to come. My interviewer called at 7:19 and the interview lasted for 27 minutes. The following are the questions I was asked my interviewer Danielle. They aren't in the order that she asked me because I could barely remember what they were when I wrote them down after my interview. The first one though was the first question I was asked.

•Tell me a little bit about why you want to the Disney College Program
•Tell me about your past work experience
•How would you handle a repetitive task such as telling every guest in a ride line to watch their step
•If a guest was coming to ask you a question how would you make them feel special
•Have you handled money before
•How are you with memorizing long speeches and talking in front of large crowds
•I had put low interest on character performer so she asked if I have had any dance experience and which audition I would attend if I decided to go to one
•Can you handle standing or walking for long periods of time
•Have you handled any emergencies
•Do you have any life guard experience
•What type of work pace do you prefer
•Do you prefer working with a team or alone 
•Are you familiar with the Disney look
•What are your top three roles
•Why do you want to be a character attendant(my 1st choice)
•Have you had any body modifications
•Do you have a valid drivers license
•Are you currently studding in the United States and a US citizen 
•Could you handle working outdoors in the Florida heat and weather

      After she asked me all of the questions she had I asked her a few questions. I asked her some things about housing and how she got her start in the Disney Company. It was pretty cool because she got her start in the company with the DCP as well. So then I got to ask her a lot of follow up questions about all the program and her favorite parts of Disney. After I was done asking questions she said I would here back in about 2-3 weeks. I then thanked her and hung up. A few hours later I received the following email, and the wait game began.


So that is how my interview went. If you have any questions about my interview or anything else comment below and I will answer it the best I can.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment