Thursday, March 13, 2014

Why I chose to apply for the Fall 2014 Disney College Program

     First some things about me. My name is Jordon and I am 19 years old. I am a sophomore at the University of Tennessee at Martin, and will be a junior at the time of my Disney College Program(DCP for short). I am a Sociology major and Psychology minor. I love helping people so these fields are perfect for me. I come from a pretty large family. I have eight siblings, so in total their are eleven of us in my family!


I found out about the DCP last year randomly through YouTube. While watching some Disney videos, mainly songs, I was suggested to watch a Kelsie Doing Disney video. Look her up she is awesome and her videos are super helpful! That day I watched every one of her videos. I knew immediately that I would definitely do the DCP at some point before I graduate, the question was when. Then right before the fall/fall advantage applications everything kind of fell into place and the timing is great!!

Lifeguarding was my second choice of role for the DCP. My first was character attendant, because I love working with kids. I would have loved to help keep the imagination alive in kids as well as bring it back for adults as they interact with their favorite characters. However, I have more experience with lifeguarding. I have been on the same competitive swim team since I was four years old, and was also an assistant coach for the team. I have also been lifeguard and CPR certified before. I was not able to get a full time summer job as a lifeguard due to the swim team schedule, but I did volunteer as a lifeguard for the Union Mission Camp for underprivileged kids in my town a few times.

So here I am, waiting the 143 days till my DCP arrival date! I plan on adding some more post in the next week about the application process, my phone interview, and how I prepared for it all. Oh and did I mention one of my brothers (the one in the orange above) is doing the program too and we even have the same role. The only difference is he was accepted into Fall Advantage and I got my first choice of just Fall. But more on everything later, for now I’ll leave this post as it is.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment